Santa Barbara

In Santa Barbara, Honduras

Well, another week here in the field.

Despite finding nuevos, we saw little progress in them and the others we´ve been teaching.

Milagrito of the week: about 4-5 weeks ago, I had the impression to give a Book of Mormon to a women who sells jugos naturales in the morning down the street. Not sure why, but I had never followed it and told my companion that in the future I would give her a Book of Mormon. After the consejo de liderazgo with President Dester and the ZLs of the mission, we were walking to an appointment and my comp asked me if I was going to give her the LDM. I was a little timid because three zipotes (young men 18-22) were talking with her. I told him no because I was afraid, and then when we were about 10 yards away, the three all of the sudden got up and left in different directions. It was literally like the parting of the Red Sea and we walked up, bought some freshly squeezed orange juice and gave her a Book of Mormon with the compromiso to read and pray. We passed by today and she had read the introduction and asked us some questions. Milagrito..."do you see the hand of the Lord?" (Neil L. Andersen).

4th of July!!! Well, it was my comp´s birthday but we didn´t do much. We fasted and worked. We gave a blessing to a menos activo´s son who is 2 or 3 but looks like a baby from a famine. Really sad, but precious experience. He is getting better. Gave my comp a blessing later for his hiccups and knee problems.

I´m kind of tired right now. We still are way low on our baptism goals for the mission and it doesn´t help that our area and zone aren´t producing much. We tried having a zone activity to bring unity but no one wanted to go to San Marcos. We have a capacitation for tomorrow on elevating the spirituality of the zone and seeking miracles.

Anyways, I´ll send some pics. Cheque

-Elder Lund

Cofradía 1, Zona Cofradía 6/29/15 - 7/6/15

No comments:

Post a Comment