Back Again After a Year--Cofradia

Cofradia  May 2014

Cofradia May 2015




¡Buenas!

Another good week here in Cofradía. On Tuesday, I did divisions with Elder Perry in my old area Paraíso 2. We contacted some old menos activos and found some news to teach. We visited one house to give service and the family said "you look familiar" and I said, "yup, I was here a year ago in the branch...I was ´el callado´" and they were like "OH YA!!! I remember you...you were so humble."I took a picture outside the house similar to the one I took a year ago when I left on e-changes.

We had some pretty good progress with our investigators and others that aren´t progressing so much, but we´re doing all that we can. M - the mom of recent converts who holds a evangelical house group - started crying when we showed her the DVD of the Restoration. She is going to hand over the group to the church and prepare for her baptism the 13th of June. We received an awesome reference from our ward mission leader. He sells coconut water (3 litros bottles) and he started talking to one of his faithful clients about the gospel and set up a cita for us. I visited with Elder Guerrero from México (we were on divisions) and hermano E and she was very receptive and accepted the invitation to be baptized. She doesn´t seem to have any large problems like living in fornication so it should be promising. I don´t know why, but lately I´ve had the desire to baptize young men so that they can go on missions, marry in the temple, etc and avoid the life in the streets. We are teaching J and A(13 and 18...brothers). Axel is so-so but J came to church and seemed to enjoy it. We are teaching a family L that lives near the church...there are around 7 potential baptisms, but not everyone has the same interest levels and it is tough to set an appointment with all members present because of scheduling conflicts so we have decided to divide and conquer. We are focusing in on G and S and getting them to read the Book of Mormon and going to church. They couldn´t go to church because they were in San Jorge with their real dad, but G went to the Noche de Hermanamiento and really enjoyed the message and games. We had a good turnout at church...6 in the reunion.

Elder Paredes and I fasted this past weekend. As always, whenever someone fasts, their is always temptation. We went to an Elders Quorum activity on Saturday. This is one of the first activities the ward has had in a while so they served arroz chino, pollo asado, pepsi, and cake for those who have had birthdays from January to May. QUE TENTACIÓN!!! But, it wasn´t too hot out so we didn´t get dehydrated...count your many blessings.

Well, that´s about all I have for this week. I am going to work on writing in my journal this week so that I can remember everything. Gotta develop the habit.

CHEQUE

-Elder Lund

Cofradía 1, Zona Cofradía 5/18/15 - 5/25/15

No comments:

Post a Comment