San Pedro Sula and the "Benque"

¡Buenas!

Well, first things first...I had changes. I´m with Elder Purcell from West Valley City, Utah as a ZL in San Pedro Sula everything (Area San Pedro Sula 1, Zona San Pedro Sula, Barrio San Pedro Sula, Estaca San Pedro Sula). In other words, I am going to finish in the very heart of the mission. Our capilla is one of the biggest stake centers in Honduras, "Benque" as they call it which is takes up nearly the entire block at the corner of 12 Avenida and 6 calle. I´ve known Elder Purcell from early on and we´ve been in all the same zones together. It is now one of the biggest zones in the mission with 32 missionaries since we absorbed Zona El Carmen (Ocotillo, one of my old areas) this change.

Life in the city is a little different. The missionary work is a little different from what I´m used to in the pueblitos. Our area is a commercial sector so we contact people who live in other parts of the mission and the SPS East as well. Nevertheless, we still have people to teach and the members are excellent from what I´ve seen so far. At church, we have air conditioning...I was shivering a bit haha. It will be a good area to finish the mission.

It was, as always, a little tough to say goodbye to people in Cofradía. The toughest was familia Martinez/Zuniga Chavez...Mari Zuniga (my only convert) started crying near the end...it was tough, but we´re going to keep in touch with the family through FB when I get home.

We had neat experience while we were saying goodbye. Monday night, we were going to head out early to say goodbye to some people we had planned out, but a thought came to mind to go visit la Familia Tampán and people who lived close first. Well when we got there, the power had gone out and it was super super hot. Hermana Tampán has a newborn (1 week) who was sick and she was not doing too well either. She was there with her two other sons and nephew, but no one was helping. She immediately asked for a blessing and we were there to give it to her and her baby. The next day when we went back to take the photos she and the baby had improved a lot and we washed the dishes in the pila. It´s always nice to be in the right place at the right time.

Well, we had 3 at church this week. We have a lot of work to do if we want to see baptisms, but I feel like we will have great support with the members.

That´s almost all I have this week.  I have a lot of other goals too, but I will tell you next week. CHEQUE PUES!

-Elder Lund

San Pedro Sula 1, Zona San Pedro Sula 9/14/15 - 9/21/15

No comments:

Post a Comment